It’s no secret that most businesses have a tough time surviving in America. In fact, 20% don’t even live to celebrate their first birthday. The following infographic by insuranceQuotes.com pinpoints the top six reasons why American businesses fail:
- 14% don’t know, research or pay attention to their customers
- 19% are overtaken by their competitors
- 23% haven’t built the right team
- 29% run out of money
- 42% invest in a market that doesn’t need their products/services
- 82% have problems with their cash flow
Other Key Takeaways
- A small business is one that employees fewer than 100 people. By that definition, almost all businesses in America fall under this category. (The limit usually varies; the SBA’s general standard is fewer than 500 employees.)
- 50% of businesses fail in their fifth year of life.
- Four of the five worst places for small businesses are in California.
If you’re someone who is into investing in cryptocurrency, you can check out this Ethereum to Paypal online converter.