We’ve spoken about picking social media platforms before, but there are specific kinds of businesses that do particularly well on certain social network sites.
Neil Patel, from QuickSprout.com, has compiled an infographic (below) outlining which social media platforms are best suited to your business. The most important points to take away are:
- Because of its microblogging functionality, it’s best for the information & communication sector (publications). Also suited to B2B marketers/businesses.
- B2B service providers benefit from this too – more than half of such companies have acquired a customer through this network.
- B2B buyers say LinkedIn is key for researching services & technologies to buy. Plus (of course), this social media site is ideal for recruiters.
- The social network master is perfect for B2C brands, products, and software; over 3/4 of B2C marketers have gained customers through the site. Also, FB fans ‘like’ pages specifically to take advantage of coupons, discounts, competitions, or freebies.
- Posts with images get the most engagement on FB, so it’s perfect for companies with visually-driven products.
- Each month, almost 400 million FB users only access the network through their mobile phones. Take that into account when considering the length of your text posts, as well as redirecting your users to a mobile-friendly site.
4. Google Plus
- B2Bs are in luck! Many of the big ones are successful on the tricky G+ as well. Particularly enterprises that rely on SEO for customer acquisition.
- The more +1s your post/URL has, the higher you appear in search results. This beats FB shares and keyword density.
- Over 2/3rds of Google+ users are male. So if your business’s target audience/consumers are men, you’re good to go!
- The king of video is the place for ecommerce to thrive. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos strengthens their online purchasing decisions. Don’t forget about shows (TV, radio, etc.).
- Videos also keep visitors on your site for longer. Almost half of information & communication businesses have the highest multimedia content sharing website usage.
- Our photo platform is fashionable. Clothing, makeup, and accessory brands will feel right at home here.
- 70% of pinners browse this site for shopping inspiration, and spend the highest of all social media shoppers! Ecommerce, take note.
- Women, particularly moms, rule this platform. So if your business target is females, you know where to set up.
- Food, art, and home décor live on this site. Also, Pinterest accounts for 25% of retail referral traffic.